Tuesday, March 8, 2011

World Tour in 3D


Now calling for submissions for the World Tour in 3D!

I am looking for photographers all around the world to take pictures of iconic landmarks near their homes and turn them into 3D gifs. When I have enough submissions, I will post a new 3D gif everyday for a month. We'll get a stereoscopic glimpse across the globe.

How do I make a 3D gif? Any camera will work. You simply take two photos of the same scene: one from the perspective of your left eye, one from the perspective of your right eye. Then using Photoshop, or other image editing software, create a gif that toggles back and forth between the two images rapidly. If you've taken your photos carefully, you will see the illusion of three dimensional space. For more detailed instructions on creating 3D gifs click here.

Email your 3D gifs to 3DWorldTour@gmail.com
- 500 pixels on the longest side
- 450 kilobytes or smaller

Contact me if you have any questions. I can help you create a gif. Happy shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment