Friday, February 18, 2011

Call for Entries: World Tour in 3D, Iconic Landmarks


Do you own a camera? Do you live somewhere? Could you borrow a camera? Could you go somewhere? If you can answer yes to two of these questions, you qualify to participate in the Wiggle Gif Around the World Event happening right here on The Radical Blog of Awesomeness in March 2011.

Recent innovations in gif technology now make it possible for anyone with a camera to capture a part of their world in 3D and post it on the internet for all to see. (hey that rhymes!) Here's how it works: you take your camera and find a place with a good foreground, middle-ground, and background. You take a photo and then lean slightly to one side and take another photo. You then make a gif that quickly toggles between these two photos. VoilĂ ! You have just made a 3D image that anyone can view without the aid of glasses. Send me the gif, and I will post a new gif everyday in March.

So think of something iconic in your neck of the woods. A famous landmark, or something that makes your community unique. My goal is to have every continent represented. If you know someone in Antartica, please let me know!

Here's a link that describes in detail how to create a 3D wiggle gif. It does not require a fancy camera, just a little love and care. I will be taking entries between February 21 and March 1. Please email entries to 3DWorldTour@gmail.com. Gifs should be no larger than 300k. If you have trouble let me know. I can help or will even make the gif if you just email me the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment