Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tribute

Hello friends.

Is anyone else a little stunned that this URL was still available?

Well, I've finally found my calling in life. I was born to be a GIF artist. Every day I'm going to post a new animated GIF to this site. Today I'm appropriating my imagery, but check back tomorrow for some 100% Grim Photos. I'd also love to have maybe a weekly GIF contest or feature some guest artists.

In launching this blog devoted to GIFs, I thought I'd start out with a tribute to the great animators who have gone before. This first post is an homage to one man who has inspired us all: To the man who gave us for 25 minutes of uncompromised entertainment and then taught us a moral lesson. To the man who taught us that you don't stab people with a sword, but that you use a sword to hit other swords and to deflect lasers and sonic waves from magic spells. To the man whose very goodness exceeds the evilness of Evil himself (I'm not making this up, go watch the show if you have not seen this episode). For crushing the boundaries between Sci-Fi and Fantasy with probably a boulder you threw with your bare hands, this one's for you He-man!





Take these GIFs and post them everywhere! On emails, Facebook, other blogs, where ever you can make them stick. Anything I make for this blog is fair game (just don't tell the people at Filmation, they will sue my pants off). Check back tomorrow for another GIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment