Saturday, February 26, 2011

Weekend Special: Grand Canyon


People have been creating stereographic (3D) images for well over a hundred years. Here's a little gem I pulled from the Library of Congress and turned into a gif. Did you know that the LOC has thousands of photographs you can download digitally? Everything is in the public domain. Check it out: http://www.loc.gov/index.html It's a great reference if you're an artist or if you just like old stuff.

March is 3D month. Create your own 3D gif and email it to me and I'll post it on the blog. Click here for details.

2 comments:

  1. Adam lives at that website. I think he'd like to work there, if he could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed I do. Fantastic find. I'm quite impressed by the fact that you could make a gif from a few photos in their archives (and by this awesome blog in general).

    ReplyDelete